Hlalanathi - Self Catering and Camping in the Northern
Hlalanathi is situated in the foothills of the Northern
Drakensberg. A spectacular beautiful setting, with serviced chalets, and
spacious grassed caravan stands overlooking the Tugela
River and Amphitheater.
Halfway between Gauteng
and the coast, this is an ideal breakaway resort with modern facilities and
Golf enthusiasts will be pleased to know that the Amphitheater. Golf Course is
situated next door to Hlalanathi. This challenging Nine Hole boasts the
Amphitheater as a backdrop, and has been developed with minimum impact on the
'berg environment. In fact, indigenous vegetation has been encouraged between
the fairways, and the water features have attracted an array of local bird life.
Facilities at Hlahlanati
To the sandbanks of the Thukela river and along to the
Rapids. Trilby Hill has a panoramic view to remember.
- Amphitheatre Golf Course: There are alternate tees for an 18 hole
game on our 9 hole course on the banks of the Thukela. Named for the
exquisite views of the Amphitheatre. The course has been developed with
minimum impact on the 'berg environment.
- Places to Visit: Royal
Natal National Park has many walks, also an interpretation center.
Pumped Storage scheme is well worth a visit. Tours are arranged through
ESCOM P.R.O. at Tel 036 438 6046. Sterkfontein
dams are close by for boating or sailboard enthusiasts. Should you
visit any of the hotels in the area please call at their reception to
- Fishing: Trout fishing is available in the area. Bass fishing on
- Horse-Riding: Out rides from the Rugged
Glen stables can be arranged - Pony Rides for children around the
- Tennis Courts: Equipment can be hired from the Office. Proper
tennis shoes must be worn.
- Table-Tennis: Equipment can be hired from the office
- TV & M-Net in the Pub and TV-Room
- Swimming Pool: The onus is on parents to keep an eye on children.
Tube the rapids in season.
- Trampoline: At the main gate.
- Pool Table R2.00 per game
- Laundry Is done by the maids. Lists are available from the Office.
- Shop: Sweets, cold drinks, toiletries, souvenirs and basic
provisions are available during office hours.